Romer Labs, a global player in food safety, is a leading provider of diagnostic solutions for the agricultural, food and feed industry. Our broad range of innovative tests and services play a pivotal role in integrated food safety solutions. We develop, produce and market test kits and services for detecting food allergens, food pathogens, genetically ingredients, mycotoxins and residues using state of the art technology. Romer Labs is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth we are looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
Development Specialist for Lateral Flow Devices (m/f)
In this key function, you will be responsible for activities associated with ROMER’s current and future products, primarily developing commercial rapid test kits as Lateral Flow Devices (LFDs). You are familiar with established and emerging technologies in the diagnostic industry and are responsible for maintaining the quality that sets our products apart from the competition. You will actively support the transfer of R&D projects into industrial manufacture, taking a hands-on role in stages of optimization, verification and validation. You will lead a small team of technicians and report directly to the R&D Team Leader for LFDs.
We trust you to:
- Develop lateral flow assays and upscale to meet production requirements
- Test and analyze sample products, adjusting formulas and processes based on results
- Prepare test solutions, compounds, and reagents for use by laboratory personnel in conducting tests
- Compile and analyze test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet testing schedules
- Develop and recommend test procedures for products and raw materials
- Assist in investigating complaints on existing products and respond to vendors and customers
Are you ready? Here’s what it takes to leave real your 'foodprints' at Romer Labs:
- Experience (3+ years) in industrial diagnostic kit development, lateral flow manufacture and/or design
- Educational background in biotechnology, chemistry or similar field as well as familiarity with antibody-based assays
- Project management skills and the ability to manage processes effectively
- A flexible approach to working in a rapidly expanding organisation
- Strong communication skills on all levels
- Attention to detail and precise record keeping
- Initial experience in managing a small team would be a plus
What do we stand for? We are Pioneers, Partners and Performers!
- 100% trust from day one
- Exciting and challenging tasks all around the world with travel amounting to up to 30% of your total working hours
- Top-notch teams and leading-edge technology
- Unique company culture, broad diversity and flat hierarchies
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
What else to know?
- Reference Number: 383
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 40.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.romerlabs.com